It’s been 2 weeks and I am still struggling to find something to write about. Slow times.
I went off to the boat last weekend with Rauen and Kyle while Barry was at the Paradise Rally. We did not do too much there, I chickened out of sailing alone, so I spent the whole weekend reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Really excellent, I couldn’t put the books down and managed to read all four books in 1 weekend. The term bookworm would work well here. But that did not do much for my sailing weekend.
Spent 2 uneventful weeks at work even though I was not feeling very well, this put a bit of a damper on my exercise routine as I felt grotty, but back to work today – keep things going J Yes, help, I need the motivation. Not so easy to keep on track with no “buddy” but I will keep trying.
Everything else is moving along as it should be, hasn’t been month end so no deposits for savings, no more debts paid off and sadly no more weight loss either L On the up side I spent Thursday evening at school with Rauen for a Maths challenge and he got 1st prize. Very proud mamma J This Thursday I will be attending Kyle’s poetry reading, look forward to that too.
Thursday – Verdi in French, yes got to the days of the week, now trying to get them into perspective it doesn’t help if you only know them parrot fashion in order.
We had a really bad movie picking weekend, like seriously, we picked movies we could not even watch through, half an hour in the movie and you switch them off so hopefully taking the kids to see Harry Potter 6 at Cinema’s tomorrow will make up for the bad hiring choices.
One funny thing about learning a new skill is whenever you see that skill in a movie you realise how fake movies are – like when I watch people setting up to go sailing and they hoist the sail whilst still in the mooring and the boat glides easily backwards under sail with no motor. Ludicrous! I wonder if everyone else notices these things or if I am too critical.
We saw a new product for sale on Glomail. I know Glomail…but hey this one looked like it could be perfect for our boat. It helps grow plants, like tomatoes etc only it hangs from the ceiling it seems like an ideal way for us to grow a few things whilst sailing so I am hoping to get 1 and try it. It could be attached to the bimini (fibreglass roof over the cockpit area) and we could then have some fresh vegetables home grown as we travel.
Have a great holiday tomorrow – there ain’t another one for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment