Wow did that week fly, or should I say sail past at a rapid rate!
We packed and left on Thursday (Barry’s birthday) and spent a whole week on the boat on the dam trying new things more than once.
We did our first night approach under motor whilst braaiing I might add, and then the very next day went out to anchor overnight, unfortunately that didn’t work out as our anchor was too light weight…more on the list of items to buy…so we pulled up anchor and sailed home in the dark (wow) and managed to dock safely whilst under the influence and in the dark – true sailors now I’d say!
I managed to fall through the pontoon on the first day and hurt my ankle rather badly – thought we might have to go home but I got through it – hobbled around for the week and still hobbling now but we still managed to sail our way the entire week and gain much needed experience.
The day we left we took a drive to Germiston to file for our SAS ticket – a formality we have been struggling with for some time now – but we are nearly there now – applications sent in and we await the official SAS ticket which should arrive in about 2 weeks – can’t wait to officially have our licence it really has taken some time and patience to get this right not to mention money.
No comments:
Post a Comment